Friday, December 5, 2008

Saucy

A data relationship management bug is causing my previously-working code to break. Checked with Russ about it in the morning then he wandered by this afternoon:
Russ: Was wondering if I can help you with your Relationships problem.
Sean: NO. But thanks.
Russ: Well I thought…
Sean: I've been dating men for over thirteen years now. It's great that you're married and family life suits you. And while I appreciate the concern, I really don't know what you can do.
Russ: …
All that rolled off my tongue so smoothly it was amusing to watch his stunned face processing. Earlier in the day my cubicle neighbor got observant via IM:
Jeff : odd so very odd . . . how is it you actually function in this world?
Sean: DENIAL, ALCOHOL, AND OCCASIONAL SEX WITH OTHERS.
Jeff : and I am guessing the alcohol helps with the others?
Sean: REQUIRED
Maybe I should go drinking tonight. After all, it is the 75th anniversary of the end of prohibition.

No comments: