Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Its Hows-ton Street Not Houston

Heading back to BK I noticed a cute guy and his mom fresh off the train. He had his phone out in GPS stance and they both shared that quintessential “Where in the Hell are we now?” look. I took one step down into the depot before stopping, turning around, then walking towards them and pulling one of my earphones out.

“Where are you headed?” I asked with a polite smile. Absolutely love that look of surprise mixed in with relief. “How do you go East on 14th?” There are a few ways to tell but it gets too involved. Instead I just pointed then asked, “You're sure? The bulk of the city is that way.” as I pointed West. Quick check on the phone and I got nods, so I was back on my way home feeling all Samaritan-y.

Don't really do it to be helpful though. For whatever reason I still find it novel that I can give directions in downtown New York. In utter defiance of my rural Utah upbringing. *lol*

No comments: