Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Knew I Heard That Tune Before

Liked MSNBC's article this morning that featured the following video. Someone caught her rehearsing a mashing of Express Yourself and Lady Gaga's Born This Way.



Totally made me laugh. When I first heard Gaga's song it really bugged me how catchy-yet-hauntingly-familiar it was. (Erm… truth be told I heard Weird Al's version first) Now that's all cleared up.

The article quoted Madonna's thoughts on the copy as, “I thought, this is a wonderful way to redo my song. I mean, I recognized the chord changes. I thought it was … interesting.” Getting to know Madonna through the media and biographies over the last three decades I doubt it came out that polished. In fact, I'm willing to bet it came out initially as “Fucking bitch!” or some variant depending on whether the kids were around.

Still love Madonna. And when I saw tickets going to be available for Madison Square Garden I was completely tempted. But catching her in Ft. Lauderdale will probably be enough for me in this life. *snicker*

Edit: WTF! I guess the Madonna Legal Team already swooped into action. Well too bad! I already saved a copy… *neener neener*

No comments: