Thursday, September 20, 2007

Money Well Spent?

Colby would be smirking at me right now, but thankfully he's a few times zones away.




It really is too expensive but I love ignoring cost when I want something. What started me iThinking was seeing RJ's alluring collection completely contained and how smooth the car-to-home transition is. My music tastes are finally maturing so there's a reason for all the space.1 Not sure what pushed me over though. Being able to do the pictures and movies I suppose—nerd novelty.

The final barrier was my distaste for iTunes. The interface is too Mac plus I'm naturally adverse to anything that conceals data and enforces order. Yet I've been able to work with it in the past, even removing DRM with Colby's help.2 It will do the album covers and lyrics, which are my minimal requirements so I'll acclimate.

Took six years to overcome my iPrejudice. Wonder if I'll ever get an iMac? Sure hope not.

Current iCount: 172 songs, 0 Videos, 0 Podcasts, 0 Pictures, 0 Contacts. (147gb free)

  1. All of my music prior to 2000 ripped to just over 12gb. In the last seven years that has more than tripled.
  2. Hopefully that process has gotten smoother.

No comments: