Thursday, September 6, 2007

Honesty is Its Own Reward

Coworker back in Utah got a promotion so I felt obligated to congratulate her. I loathe doing so because she's sweet, genuine, self-effacing, and easily engaged. It's impossible to disentangle my self abruptly as per my usual since it's akin to whacking an innocent, doe-eyed bunny with a 2x4. *sigh* In her appreciative reply she asked how I was and if I'd read any good books lately. My response was:
Doing well, thanks! Little dating, little drinking, and a good bit of sleep. Enjoying the last spurt of summery warmth with cold temperatures just a month a way! *cheers* How about you? Have you killed anyone yet?

Last book I read was James McGreevey's autobiography. Currently working through David Eddings' "How I Write Books" book. Probably not things you'd consider too exciting. What have you read? Is it K-12?

Hope all is well and not burning!
I'm so passive-aggressive with my spite. I would stop doing it if I didn't find it so amusing.

1 comment:

Tequila Mockingbird said...

wellll... it is MN congratulations, and you would be amiss if you werent slightly passive aggressive...