Monday, October 1, 2007

Lazy

The only printed new media I consistently bother with anymore is the Advocate. Really don't have a gay network of friends and I hate it when str8 co-workers hear about things before I do, so I've had a subscription for years. When I got the latest issue a few days ago I was excited to see how the interview with Hillary went. I was disappointed enough to actually write feeedback to the editor for the first time in more than a decade of readership. Went something like this:
Finished the latest issue and am liking the impact Luke Hayman brought; the pace and content of Forward section was very engaging. Yet the cover story was disappointing. It was basically a personal essay by Sean Kennedy reasoning how it's safe for our community to love Hillary despite her stance on same-sex marriage. While I thought it was well written and basically agree, the big, bold, yellow letters on the cover say INTERVIEW. So… where's the interview? The one that Stockwell said, "marks the first time a presidential front-runner has sat down with the gay press so early in the campaign." I missed that interview.
Guess I'm going to have to actually research Hillary on my own. *sigh*

No comments: