Saturday, June 2, 2007

Chalk, Ghost, Powder

Mother Nature, ever the bitch, continues to vex me. Recovering from the drinking this morning it was bright outside. I stayed in bed to finish watching Aeon Flux on the PSP under the darkened safety of the sheets. Caught up with some eMail after making breakfast. Was heading out after noon with as little clothing as un-embarrassingly possible to soak in the sun. So it was cloudy.

Felt good to drive so I headed south to Calhoun anyway. Got within a mile when it started to sprinkle lightly on the windshield. *sigh* I knew damn well if I got out to walk the National Weather Service would announce a flash flood warning, so I decided to spare the others at the park and go shopping. Neverminding the blazing white skin I was flaunting, it was mildly uncomfortable as the shorts I wore had no pockets. Made me get through faster though.

As I was putting away the groceries, I could see bright streamers of sunlight cutting through the blinds onto my computer chair. *grrrr* I will be forever white.

Last night was definitely entertaining. Will have to recount that later as Charley has a dance recital at 4pm. Haven't visited Tony and Nikki in over a month so there was no way to dodge it, even if I wanted to.

No comments: