Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Slip

Last night was the company picnic. It took the form of BBQ/Tail-gate party followed by a trek to the nearby Saints game. It was the quintessential nightmare; coworkers with significant others and children in tow. Felt so lonely. Ate a hamburger while catching up with people I knew. Fled a little before 6pm.

Was exhausted so I crashed on the couch, starting up some TNG. Watched two episodes then went into the bedroom for a nap. That turned into ten hours of sleep—hate doing that. There were some people I need to call and random things to catch up on. Woke up around 6am to get a few things done.

On the way into work I got caught behind a slow-going red Topaz. The driver was some college-aged chick with a long, mousey-brown ponytail who would hyper-turn when checking her blind spot. There was some dorky plastic animal on her rear-view mirror and a bunch of hippie bumper stickers lined up in front of me. Did enjoy one of them: “If you don't trust me with a choice, how could you trust me with a child?” Adoption is the obvious answer yet it was still a good observation.

Despite the initial bouts of summer heat I brought a jacket in today. While my BMI is still unfavorable, I've lost enough insulation to where the over-zealous air conditioners give me a distracting chill randomly throughout the day. I would venture this is some sort of Karmic retribution after all those years of teasing skinny friends in the winter.

No comments: