Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I Can Do What She Can Do So Much Better

I remember being in our Salt Lake server room years ago when coworkers were talking about Paris Hilton. Having no idea that was a person, I asked them, “Is there something special about the Hilton there? I believe the one in Nice is actually more amazing.” After the disbelief wore off, one of their responses was something to the effect of, “I know you're gay and all, but surely you know who Paris Hilton is.” I just shrugged; ignorance is such bliss.

'Spose I should admit to having one of her tracks on my daily playlist1 and I did enjoy watching her die in House of Wax.2 While she can be sexy, I don't think her body is that great. That skinny versus emaciated thing. Then there's something seriously wrong with her face. Yet that's all subjective. When you step back, she's just a play girl making the most of it. Hell, if I'd been handed everything I'd be having all sorts of fun, too.

My internal sense of justice was pleased to see some personal payment. Beyond that, the whole debacle has been further proof of how annoying the media is. NPR had three blurbs: going to jail, sheriff snuck her out, she's going back. That's all anyone needs to know. Yet even CNN still has the Paris Hilton buzzword on their front page.

*ugh* Why did I even bring this up? *snicker*

  1. Nothing in This World is a fun song. It's mostly the Dah dah, dah dah da-da-dah-da that gets me, but the video is cute
  2. On a date with a bisexual… what can I say?

No comments: