Friday, January 4, 2008

A Lot Lighter

Back in teh day before torrents and P2P networks there was Usenet alt.binaries. I scoured them pretty regularly for music (never pr0n or warez) then burned off my findings to CD since hard disk space was a premium. My collection grew to almost two hundred discs before I finally bought a DVD burner.

Brought my fattest disc organizer in to work a few weeks ago. At various points in the day I would toss in a CD and copy it over to my USB drive. Got the last one done today. Totally a nerd moment, but it felt so cool to see all those discs turned into trash and all of their contents now immediately accessible. Still have more than 4gb free, too. Now I have to do the tag and cover updates so I can get more stuff on the iPod.


Technological Reduction Transfered more than one hundred of my old archive CDs onto my little Western Digital USB drive. I so love technology.

No comments: