Monday, March 10, 2008

Just Another Pretty Face

Being in that wonderful Monday morning state of mind my eyes read “Natural Antioxidants” as “Natural Intoxicants” on the box of Swiss Miss No Sugar Added with Calcium Hot Cocoa Mix Rich Chocolate Flavor 60 Calories per envelope. One of the coworkers I sigh over was across from me wondering what I was snickering to myself about. When I told him, he looked at me completely blank. I sighed again.

Tried to recover by adding, “I wonder if it's Vodka or Rum, I've been more partial to Vodka lately.” His eyes sparkled now that I was speaking his vernacular. He laughingly says he goes right for the bourbon to which I shuddered and asked with a scrunched up face, “Corn?” There were one or two more words to cover the pain. Anything more would have been flirting so I fled.

1 comment:

Tenore said...

These blogs are really entertaining.

Thanks for sharing.

=)

Greg