Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Permanence

MikeC caught me in the hall. He got all in my face, stared up at my forehead, and said, “Yep, that scar is gunna stay. Don't worry about it. Makes you look very manly.” My smirking reply was, “Great. That's exactly what I was going for.” It really doesn't bother me any more. There are probably still some psychological remnants, but I'm not worried about having a life right now anyway.

Out of the blue Theo IM's me: “what is the difference?” Having no clue what he's talking about, I automatically respond: “Mathematically referred to as a Delta, it is the sum of all changes from a starting state and an ending state.” While I don't think that's technically correct, it stopped him from bothering me further. *snicker*
  • The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to choose from.
    Andrew S. Tanenbaum

No comments: