Monday, March 19, 2007

Pretend Uncle

On the way in this morning I heard Keb' Mo's Prosperity Blues on the radio, making me think of Nikki and Tony. At the office Nikki caught me in the hall. Talked for a minute and she mentioned that they might need me to watch the girls in two weeks when Keb' Mo' is here. Said that would be fine—I have no life.

Got to my desk and found the Charley art Nikki had left. Apparently Charley really liked it because it involved water color, stamps, and writing. So adorable. Made me think of a moment I had Saturday.

Was in Target going through automotive when I saw this very attractive father watching over his daughter in a stroller while listening to his four-year-old son prattle on about something. As I passed he looked down and asked, “Was there anything else you wanted to see?” He had that perfectly earnest facial expression that little boys do so well when he responded, “Oh yes.” then guided Dad back to the toy area.

I was a whirling maelstrom of emotion at that point. Totally turned on by the Dad. Thought the kids were adorable. Then Michael things from the past assault. What a mess! So glad that I live alone. I didn't talk to anyone the rest of the weekend except for Rob when I was stuck on some coding Sunday night.

So unimpressed with my life.

No comments: