Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Mobility Temporarily Impaired

My afternoon got short-circuited by a large crash near one of the major East exit arteries from downtown. At first I was mad at myself for taking the often faster, more public route despite the belief that it should be quick since it was the middle of the day. Then I saw all the commotion. Spent nearly an hour on the pavement. I opened the moon roof, reclined the seat, and observed the angry heads bobs and pointed hand motions with amusement.

Finally passing the scene I could still see it was pretty ugly. Jack-knifed semi in a position that made no sense. One car was essentially a crumpled black box whose make and model was completely unrecognizable. On my way home after the gym there was still congestion. While a number of people were angry at the inconvenience, I'm sure there are a few families with heavier matters on their minds.

No comments: