Monday, April 28, 2008

Recognition via Mp3 Player

Had a entertaining lunch with the COO and the CIO today. Was sorta funny to have us trench workers mixing all the way up to the top of the corporate structure. I mostly behaved myself until the end when they asked for random questions. Mine was, “Have you located talent in India to replace us yet?”

At the end of our discussion they gave each of us an 8gb iPod Touch. It was surprisingly generous and in my estimation, not deserved. Instead of giving it back I went to Best Buy and traded up to the 32gb version for an additional $200. *snicker* Between the Shuffle and the 160gb Classic, I really don't need it. In fact I was seriously tempted by one team mate's suggestion to traded it in towards a PS3. Yet that seemed disrespectful. It will be a fun memento of the last few months of drudgery.

This will be the third Apple product under my roof. *shudder* Can't be a good sign.

No comments: