Monday, June 30, 2008

I Only Drink to Make Other People More Sociable

Four nights of drinking seriously took its toll. Not just the drinking as I also smoke when I'm out like that. Went through three packs, which my lungs now inform me is excessive. I wasn't going to go out Saturday night but Zac harassed me via text and voice mail until I did. Almost didn't go out last night but it was the last day, I'd asked for a half-day off, everyone was going to be there, et cetera.

I didn't do any events this year… even skipped the parade. Mary said she'd catch me for a few things and John was doing a bunch, but I only went out for the dancing and drinking. No one that I was interested in was available. Had some randoms interested on each of the different nights yet didn't follow through on them. Did go home with Andrew last night since it was nice to have someone there without wanting to do anything.

Walking home from his place this morning I felt relieved that Pride was done with. Guess I've grown more jaded and less supportive over the years. Even going to bigger/different ones doesn't sound appealing. Was committed to going to Southern Decadence this year but even that makes me think “Meh” right now. Maybe a few days of good sleep will change my mind. *snicker*

No comments: