Monday, April 2, 2007

Close Together, In Uncomfortable Seats

People didn't think I was serious, but I changed out of my formal attire immediately after getting back to the office. Hell, before I ate lunch. Something so constrictive about that stuff, it bothers me. It's not an association thing; it's more an aversion to professionalism thing. *snicker*

The services went about as expected. I so despise cloying Christian parochial ceremonies, but I respected it while I was there. Even said the Lord's Prayer along with them.1 Kuy's wife was an absolute mess when the shroud was placed and the coffin closed. Understandable but gut-wrenching nonetheless.

I think my biggest realization was the source of my hatred towards pastors in general. They're playing at being the physical embodiment of the Christian God construct that I so loathe. They don't all do the evangelical over-acting that I invariably feel they do. Nor do they all consciously intend the harm they cause. In fact, the suffering they're often surrounded by would crush me. Will have to ease up on the misdirected antipathy.

On a lighter note, I'll have three girls under my watchful eye tonight while Tony and Nikki are out to dinner and Keb'mo. Which means I won't be home 'til Midnight. Oh well. Will be worth it.


  1. The only reason I know it by heart is because it's in Sophie B. Hawkins' California Here I Come.

No comments: