Friday, May 23, 2008

Productivity

No one on my team is here yet. Neither of my managers is here. This is totally the Friday before a three-day weekend.

Got my car into the dealership. The initial estimate is about $300 but I know that will go up. If it were just upkeep I'd prolly have it back before noon but there's two pending recalls to look at. Not only my master cylinder but the daytime running lights. The useless desk person smiling said it could be as late as 4pm. Yet I suspect I'll need brake work.

In the interim, I've been loaned a shiny new Scion xB. I liked it for about five minutes. The gears are too far forward, practically on the dashboard. The speedometer and gauges are in the middle of the dash. The arm rest isn't equal with the door rest. Outside visibility is awkward. And it's like driving a bucket. Heh. Guess I'm not ready to ditch the two-seaters yet.

No comments: