Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Secure

The company has been going through PCI compliance hoops so there has been some renewed interested in security. IT put up a number of posters that remind my Ukrainian coworker of the propaganda back in the mother country. Had to take an online course in which I was encouraged to become a “Human Firewall.” It was actually okay because most all of the actors were gorgeous. For instance, right now I'm really ready to get me some pirate…



Kidding aside, all the Identity Theft hysteria did prompt me to put an access code on my iTouch. I've got all my contacts sync'd to it. Considering the damn things retail around $500, if someone stole it I don't want to be responsible for spreading info.
Passwords are like bubble gum:
  • strongest when fresh
  • should be used by an individual, not a group
  • when left laying around, will make a sticky mess

No comments: