Friday, May 18, 2007

Clean Up on Aisle Sean

Couple of weeks ago GopherGrocery set up a kiosk in the lobby. There rep was shoving animal crackers and a flyer at everyone coming home from work. I had my hands full but he was cute, so I said I'd be back down. Asked him some a few questions that ended with, “Are all the drivers as cute as you are? It could make a difference.” He laughed and said, “Thanks! I'll let my wife know you send your regards.” I couldn't help but giggle. I wanted to high-five him but I had the decency to thank him for his time, then slink past to grab my mail.

So last night I thought “What the Hell” and signed on. As geeky as I am, it still felt wrong ordering groceries online. Letting strange people pick my vegetables and meats. Everything was a bit more expensive, but the convenience and novelty made it okay.

Got a call from downstairs and beeped the delivery guy up. Opened the door and sure enough, it was him. He recognized me instantly. First words out of his mouth were, “The regular driver was out tonight so you got me!” I couldn't help but hang my head while muttering, “God, I'd hoped you'd forgotten about that.” Such a sweet guy.

And he brought me food! The garlic cloves are fine. Lettuce clean and fresh. The chicken looks good but I'll know Sunday when I grill it. There were a few things they didn't have so I'm not sure I'm going to adjust or not. At least they carry the sugar-free Edy's ice cream I so adore.

No comments: